Wednesday, October 28, 2009

pt 14 Honor's lost child

My name is Orsin. I am a thief, and a murderer. That is why they love me.

Don't misunderstand, I am tormented and abused by my own people. I am told I am worthless, and that I have no honor. They are at least right about one thing.

I grew up in a place called Razor Hill. A tiny little Orc community in Durotar. My father is long dead, and my mother is one of the guards in town. I hate her. Growing up I was never good enough for her, I was too small and weak. I could barely lift an axe, while the other orcs my age where learning to fight and becoming warriors. I was a shame to everyone around me.

But, they still loved me. They adored me because I could do what they couldn't. I was not bound by honor.

What is honor anyway? A ridiculous code of conduct that makes the bold, and strong people feel good about what they do, and who they are.

I say it is an excuse to be weak.

No, what motivates me is something much more potent. As a child I was abused and tormented, as I said, but no one ever got away with it. It was vengeance that allowed me to harvest scorpid poison and slip it into my enemies food, and it was vengeance that allowed me to slit their throats in the night, and sleep like a baby the following day.

Vengeance is an excuse to be strong.

It is vengeance that has set my limbs in motion this night. You see I heard that there was a certain Tauren that was brought into the Argent Tournament Grounds earlier today. He suffers from some sort of dementia that has left his powerful, and honorable self as weak as a baby. This tauren has wronged me, and I have my excuse to be strong.

Normally, I would sneak in and just slice open his neck. But he is surrounded by a group of very powerful friends. So, I have to be more subtle.

"Who is there!! I can smell you." the mighty Taunka huntsman named Lokni yells into the arctic night.

I slip from the frosty shadows and make myself seen to him.

"It is me Lokni, I have come with the package you asked for" I quietly reply.

The mighty huntsman squints in the darkness for a moment before finally seeing me. I have noticed that the Tauren and the Taunka do not see in the dark very well.

"Orsin, I didn't think you would come back so soon. You say you have what I asked for?"

"Oh yes, I have brought you two full jugs of Kungaloosh. It will keep you quite warm and happy on a night like this. Now, do you have what I asked for?"

Lokni seems to get excited, obviously he has a weakness for strong liquor.

"Come here Orc, I will give you what you want." Lokni says with a grin.

He turns and walks to the side of a very large, very ferocious Jormunger. The massive iceworm rolls over obediently exposing his tooth filled maw to his master.

"Did you bring a crystal vial like I told you to?" he asks

I struggle not to wretch at the horrid smell of the creatures breath as I reach into my backpack and retrieve the vial for him.

"Oh no, Your gonna harvest this poison little orc. One drop of this stuff even on your hand will make you stiff as a board for an hour." Lokni says.

I try not to grin as I draw closer to the beasts stinking mouth.

"It's that potent eh?"

Lokni just grins at me as he points to an oozing spout inside the creatures mouth underneath his tongue. I uncork the vial and carefully place it over the spout to catch the caustic green fluid.

"So, what does Garrosh want this stuff for anyway?" Lokni asks quietly

"It's gonna be a new secret weapon for the Horde." I reply.

What I good liar I am.

Once the bottle is full I carefully cork the end, and stuff it back into my pouch. Then I hand the jugs of Kungaloosh to my eager friend.

"Don't drink this stuff too fast. You know how Trion hates a drunk" I say with a smile.

Lokni opens one of the jugs and greedily swallows the contents.

With no further business, I quietly turn and once again disappear into the night. My vengeance is at hand, and when it is, I am at my strongest.