Sunday, October 25, 2009

pt 12 On the road to Orgrimmar

It doesn't make any sense to me. Yesterday my Master was upset about something. He didn't say what it was, but I know he saw something out in the valley the night before. After speaking to the Elder, my Master was furious. He told me to get our bags and we left Mulgore. He wouldn't talk to me about it. In fact, he wouldn't talk at all. Nor would we even ride our mounts. We just walked along the dusty road in silence.

I like the Barrens. Some of the other orphans would say that it is a nasty desert, but I think it is beautiful. The animals that graze in the endless fields sometimes make me laugh. Lions that sleep in the midday sun on their backs with their legs in the air, or Thunderlizards that make fart sounds when they swallow the loads of grass they stuff in their mouths.

I sorta wish there was some way that I could grow up and study wild animals. I like nature things alot. Maybe I can talk to the Elders and become a druid someday.

"Meekha, hide now!" my master exclaims.

We stop in our tracks on the winding road. Ahead, I can see a pair of riders coming up from a gully. Immediately, I jump into the nearby grass. My master stands openly in the road, making no effort to hide or even defend himself.

Soon I hear the sounds of the approaching riders. Then, my nose is accosted by a wretched stench.

"Har har har!! Look wut we got ere Slasher, its dah mighty Calmfury himsewf." One of the riders says. I dare not peek out from the grass.

"Weel, I tink weer in luk today Gore, Calm ere is a wunted basturd. Weer gonna git paid big fer iss hide."

My master continues to stand defiantly in the road.

"Slasherjoe and Goregreedy, what a sorry sack of crap you two make. Did Garrosh send you to kill me?" my master snorts. The urge to peek out is great, but I must obey my master.

"Har har har. Yer funny fer a big, dum Tooren."

"Naw, wee wurnt sent by Garrosh. Dah boss sent us. Yoo know, dah elf gurl that leeds the Merk outfit. She wunts us ta go tu some titan city to steel some artyfacts."

Both of the riders talk like the Orcs I remember in Orgrimmar. Though one of them sounds like he has alot of nasty goo in his throat.

"I'm guessing you mean Ulduar right?" my Master asks.

I can see from my hiding spot that my Master has relaxed. He stands in the road with his brow furrowed, pondering the situation.

"Aye Calm, weer is littul Meekha, ave you been treating er alright?"

Me?!? Why would this stranger ask about me? The suspense it too much to resist, and I sneak a peek out of the tall grass.

There standing in the road are a pair of orc warriors on the backs of two ferocious looking black war bears. One orc carries a gleaming spear and looks like one of the most handsome and mighty orcs I have ever seen. The other looks old and decrepit, his armor is covered in cakes of blood and gore and a swarm of putrid flies circle the air around him. The very sight of him puts terror in my heart. I slink back into the grass.

"She's doing well Gore. I told you not to worry about her, or even ask about her anymore. We have a pact remember?" my master says forcefully.

The one he calls Gore manages a sickening gurgle for a response.

"So Calm, wuts dah plan, you comin wit us or ar wez gonna aff to club ya ova dah ead and drag ya to Dal-a-ran?" the handsome Orc says.

My Master replies "No, I'll go... I wouldn't want you bags to work too hard. Tell Squish that I am comin. Speaking of that did you ever tell her what her elfin name means in Orcish?"

"Har har har! Naw, we didunt. Eets too funny ta say nutin about eet." Gore belches out.

"Ahw, comon Calm, jist go wit us. Dat way we can git paid da fat loot she promised us"

"You'll get paid Slasher, I'll make sure of it. Now get going. I'll catch up." my Master pauses as they turn their bears around headed back to Orgrimmar "Hey one more thing. Where did you guys get the war bears? I heard they were being trained for a special project."

"Oh, har har har!" Gore replies in his disgusting voice. "Garrosh is givin dem out ta any Horde dat attack dah umie cities. Slash and I got ers fer bashing in some eads. Eets grate fun Calm, yu shoult git yers sum time."

My master stands in silence on the road as the pair ride off to the north. After they are out of sight I crawl out of the grass.

"Master, why did that Orc ask about me? Does he know me or something?"

My Master turns to me and softly replies. "No Meekha, you don't know him. Just forget about him."